Wednesday, September 30, 2015

May happenings and shenanigans



May has been amazingly busy for me! This all goes back to a commitment I've made on April 1st, in a heartbeat :)

A good friend of mine was organizing the very first TEDxWomen event in Vancouver. After securing the venue and putting together a list of to-dos, she brought together a team of superstars with different skills and expertise to the table. We had an hour-long meeting going through the 10+ things in the agenda, and signing up for different roles. 

Working in a full-time position, I opted for the social media position with 3 other ladies (contributing with my limited availability) and gift bag sponsorship. As the weeks progressed, I leaned towards the sponsorship lead role. The second time doing sponsorship definitely helped me improve my writing skills, managing sponsor's expectations, and coordinating for pickup/dropoff. 

Thus I spent learning about small companies and startups which we can contact for partnership. Some of the companies I've reached out include: Mavi Jeans, Quirky Paper Co., GlossyBox, and Suzanne Rushton Photography are a few to name. 

In putting long hours and weekends to secure sponsors and engagement with the community, the turnout was phenomenal. Watching smiles and laughter from the audience while listening to inspirational stories makes all the hard work worthwhile! Getting to know some of the sponsors was a great experience for me! 

It was amazing to have Langara as one of our Gold sponsors and meet new students!



Some of the amazing donations we've received:


Shipped from Montreal, Quebec!

Quirky Paper Co., from Vancouver, BC.

Noir Lash Lounge, based in Yaletown. 
We hope this will continue next year. Stay Tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment