Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Why we wait till they go on sale... The Quo Eyelash Curler

In all honesty, I fall under 50% of the Asian stereotype. You will usually find me looking through a place with a huge sale poster at the front of the store.

There are some things we compromise from a sale: color, design, size. Throughout the years of growing up, I learned an important lesson from my mom. Don't strive to buy a large quantity of cheap everyday wear, always aim for a few pieces of quality clothing. With the transition of moving away from low-cost stores which showcases over 100 designs each season, my wardrobe have shrunk in size. The pieces become longer-lasting and easy to mix and match.

We would agree that this applies for beauty products as well. With new products coming out, the innovative aspect is worth appreciating for because that's how the industry will continue to improve. But sometimes the functionality of these products are in question. Don't get me wrong, I do trust that companies would have invested $$ into researching and testing before the products are put into the market. Sometimes though, it could be improved. Just a little bit more.

Yesterday, I went to Shoppers Drug Mart to stock up some of my beauty products after work (in the most convenient location, 2 blocks away from my house). I found a "Travel Eyelash Curler" in the clearance section. They look more lighter than the regular metal curlers in the beauty isle in Sephora, so I decided to give it a try. 

Because the packaging was taped all around, I wasn't able to test it at the store. Immediately opened it after putting my things down. Here's what I found:

1. The product has lost its glossy appearance, looks fairly worn out with scratches
2. The spring doesn't work 80% when placed close to my eyes
3. Clamping wasn't smooth, more horrifying when put near the eyes
4. There is a space when you try to close for a nice curl


  

No comments:

Post a Comment